What is a Virtual Assistant (VA)?
It’s really simple:
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly-skilled, independent professional who provides administrative, technical and/or creative business support services.
They are your off-site administrative professional.
If you need an administrative assistant but don’t have the space to hire one in-house, don’t want to pay fringe benefits for a full time employee, don’t have the office software/equipment needed to run your business or for whatever your reason…
A Virtual Assistant is your answer!
Have you ever wondered, “What exactly is that Virtual Assistant that you keep hearing so much about?” The answer is simple. A Virtual Assistant, or VA, is an administrative professional who provides immediate professional support, services, and skills to busy business and executive coaches, speakers, authors, and business managers via the Internet.
But “What can a Virtual Assistant do for me?” is a little more complicated. The ways in which a VA can help you and your business are as unique and diverse as the individual VAs are themselves.
- A VA can assist you with marketing support, increasing your clientele and freeing up valuable time to service your customers. They also can handle all your marketing and publicity helping you to spread the word about your product or services.
- Many Virtual Assistants specialize in web design and search engine optimization. Once you work with a VA, they know your business inside and out, who better to help you prepare your website.
- A Virtual Assistant can make your next presentation shine by giving it that polished professional presentation which is sure to capture your audience and promote all your products and services.
- A Virtual Assistant can be instrumental in proofing, editing, and typing all your correspondence, pleadings, manuscripts, etc., thus allowing a more professional edge to all your business communications.
- A Virtual Assistant can take over all your bookkeeping, bills and accounts payable. Let them worry about payroll so you can worry about the important tasks of running your business.
- A Virtual Assistant can plan your next company event or outing providing for an enjoyable and memorable time for all. Think how much more enjoyable it can be when the burden of planning is removed.
- Because VAs work on an “as needed basis” and only when you have work, hiring a VA can save you money. Clients only pay for the work done, and don’t have to pay for benefits, equipment, or supplies. What a cost savings that can be.
- A VA can save you space because s/he work from his/her office as an independent contractor.
- Hiring a VA can save you time because you will not have to spend time hiring an employee or temporary help, as well as training the new staff.
- A Virtual Assistant can schedule your appointments, manage your calendar, organize your desk, and make running a business that much smoother.